MERCER COUNTY EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE (ERAP 1)
RE: Spending down of the funds awarded to our County.
We’ve spent over 5 million dollars on rental and utility assistance. We are now nearing the end of the program; therefore, we will change how applications are processed. Please see the procedure for processing applications below.
- No more Hotel/Motel stays will be accepted after March 8, 2022.
- Applications will no longer be available as of March 11, 2022.
- Applications already in hand, will continue to be accepted, but only processed pending funding availability.
- We will continue to process all claims that are currently at the ERAP office until we reach $900,000 remaining. At which point, we will prioritize the applications according to the preferences listed below.
Order for payment of applications with $900,000 remaining:
- First claim evictions
- First claim applications
- 2nd claim evictions
- All other files will be logged by date and time and will be processed depending on availability of funds.
- No new applications will be issued, however, any outstanding applications, not currently at the ERAP office will be accepted, logged by date and time, and processed pending funding availability.